Financing the Ocean Back to Health in Southeast Asia: Approaches for Mainstreaming Blue Finance
It provides an overview of the “blue economy”” and emphasizes its significance for protecting the biodiversity of natural resources in Southeast Asia. The “blue economy” is defined as the sustainable use of ocean and coastal resources to drive economic growth and improve livelihoods, while protecting and nurturing marine ecosystems. The publication looks how multilateral and bilateral funding sources, a market-based approach, incentives, and regulations can contribute to achieving a blue economy. It also discusses how these elements need to be aligned within a cohesive development framework.
- Executive Summary
- The Blue Economy in Crisis
- Blue Finance: Needs and Challenges
- Blue Finance: Principles and Mechanisms
- Ocean Health Credit Finance Mechanism: A Proposed Accelerator
- Potential Initiatives in Southeast Asia